SDN to Begin Offering $200 Each Month to Featured Photographer
SocialDocumentary.net (SDN) has received an anonymous grant for one year to begin offering a $200 award each month to one featured photographer in our monthly Spotlight e-newsletter. In addition to the cash award, the work of the featured photographer will appear at the top of the Spotlight. The first award will be given in our May 2013 issue.
All photographers selected for the monthly Spotlight--including the featured photographer--will be included in an e-newsletter sent to more than 6,000 contacts world wide and will be featured on Twitter and Facebook, either as individual exhibits or in combination with others. Readers of Spotlight include leading photo editors, curators, buyers, journalists, and other industry professionals.
- The photographer selected as featured photographer must have both strong images and a well-written abstract explaining the project and/or the situation documented.
- The featured photographer will be selected by the end of each month for inclusion in the next month's Spotlight.
- All other terms of SDN remain the same regarding payment or free trial account for submitting exhibitions.
- Photographers can choose to receive a check in US dollars, Paypal, or credit card payment.
- Payments will be made by the 15th of each month.
- SDN may choose to highlight a photographer whose work was submitted in a prior month but was not featured. This is more common while SDN is holding a call for entries and receives many more exhibits than can be featured in one month.
Photographers must first have a free membership with SDN. Click here to sign up. Once registered as a member, photographers can login to their account and submit their work to SDN using the standard submission process. Click here to learn how to submit an exhibit to SDN. Click here for a sample of our month Spotlight e-newsletter.