SDN Announces Winners of Call for Entries on Global Awareness
SocialDocumentary.net is thrilled to announce the five winners of the Call for Entries on Global Awareness.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Photography Fellowship Grand Prize
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu, France
Mark Tuschman, United States
SDN Documentary Prize
Fausto Podavini, Italy
Suvra Das, Bangladesh
Carol Allen Storey, England
Click here for complete details on the winning entries.
From a pool of 140 submissions from across the globe, the jurors chose this outstanding work for recognition. We very much want to thank the jurors for support of this project:
- Shahidul Alam, Founder, Drik Photo Agency, Bangladesh
- Barbara Ayotte, Director of Strategic Communications, Management Sciences for Health, Boston
- Dimitri Beck, Editor-in-Chief, Polka Magazine, Paris
- Manoocher Deghati, AP Middle East Regional Photo Editor, Cairo
- Jennifer Pritheeva Samuel, Director, Anastasia Photo, New York
- Glenn Ruga, Founder and Director, SocialDocumentary.net, Boston
Mark Tuschman and Gwenn Dubourthoumieu, the MSH Photography Fellowship Grand Prize winners, will each receive a $4,000 honorarium and an expense-paid two-week assignment to document MSH's global health projects. Fausto Podavini will receive a $1,000 cash award. SDN will have an exhibition of all the winners' work at powerHouse Arena in Brooklyn, NY February 27-March 23, with an opening reception on February 27, 2014.
SDN would like to thank all the photographers who submitted to this call for entries. We would also like to thank our NGO partner, MSH, an international nonprofit working on global health issues in more than 50 countries. (www.msh.org)