Detailed Information for Reviewees
- To participate, you must access the reviews using Zoom via a laptop or desktop computer or a tablet. A phone would not be acceptable.
- You will need reliable internet access.
- Regardless of the number of reviews you register for, you must be available the entire day to accommodate the schedule of the reviewers.
- We will send your schedule on March 31 for the day along with a Zoom URL for each of your reviews.
- When you enter the Zoom URL, you will be first placed in a waiting room and the reviewer will then let you in. If you are not let in at the exact time of the reviews, the reviewer will still try to keep your review to the full 25 minutes.
- To share your work with reviewers, you are encouraged to create a free gallery on the SDN platform. Below is more detailed information about uploading and managing your gallery on the SDN website.
- You may also use your own website to present your work, but it will not be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award.
- The SDN website will allow for video. You will need to use embed code either from Vimeo or YouTube or you can share video directly from your computer.
- During the reviews, there will be public Zoom lounges where you can chat with other reviewees and discuss any technical issue with SDN staff. Click here for information on accessing.
Pre-reviews Q&A Zoom meeting video recordings
You can view video from the Q&A sessions on March 23.
Click here to view video from the 1:00 pm meeting
Click here to view video from the 8:00 pm meeting
Submitting your gallery URLs
You will need to submit the URL of your galleries to us no later than Saturday, March 27. Use this form to submit your galleries. (Please submit this form only once when you are sure of your galleries.) We will share this with the reviewers so that they have the option of looking at your work in advance. This will also make your galleries eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award (only available for galleries on the SDN platform).
How to upload and manage your gallery on the SDN website
- Please see this page for detailed information on uploading work to the SDN website. It is your decision as to how many images you upload, but 18-24 is a good number to consider.
- You have the option of showing the same gallery to all reviewers or showing a different gallery to each reviewer.
- You can get the public URL of your SDN gallery by searching here.
- If you have questions or problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.
If you are unable to create an SDN gallery or you want to use your own
If you are unable to meet the above deadline or if you want to use your own website, please just submit a URL to any web gallery as instructed above. These submissions will not be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award.
What to expect during the day of reviews
- Please plan to login to each review a few minutes before your scheduled time. You will be placed in a waiting room and the reviewer will admit you to the Zoom room when they are ready to begin.
- At that point each reviewer will determine the pacing and structure of the review. They will have the URL to the gallery you provided and will bring it up on their computer. Then they will share their screen so that both of you can view the images at the same time during the review.
- While you can only submit one URL in advance per reviewer, you make show additional galleries from SDN or your own. You will need to work that out with the reviewer as you will need to share your screen, since the reviewers will not have these.
- You may ask the reviewers if you can record the meeting and it is up to them if it is OK or not. If the reviewer allows you to record, you must hit the record button on the bottom of your Zoom window. The reviewer must click to accept the request in order to begin the recording.
- The reviewer will keep track of time and will end the reviews. You will need to leave the review when asked by pressing the red button in the lower right of your screen that says “Leave”. The Zoom room will remain open for the next review.
- Click here for general hangout room and tech support on day of reviews.
Reviewers Choice Award
At the end of the panel on Saturday afternoon, we will present the Reviewers Choice Award. To be eligible, you must have completed and submitted your galleries by the deadline on March 27. All reviewers will have access to these galleries and will make their selection by 5:00 pm on April 3. The Award will be announced at the end of the panel at 6:30pm. To be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award, your gallery much be a live exhibit on the SDN website platform. Personal website galleries will not be eligible for this award.
The award winner will receive $250 and recognition on the SDN website.